Guitarist Ronnie Montrose Dead At 64, Loses Fight Against Prostate Cancer
Guitarist, songwriter, and producer Ronnie Montrose is dead at age 64 following a battle against prostate cancer. Agent Jim Douglas confirmed the American guitar legend’s passing via a statement indicating Montrose passed away Saturday, March 3, 2012 in Millbrae, Callifornia following many years of declining health.
Many considered Montrose a “founding farmer of rock n’ roll” for his work within his own bands and contributions to hard rock, heavy metal, instrumentals, jazz fusion, and blues-rock. Montrose is also best known for hiscollaborations Van Morrison, Sammy Hagar, Boz Scaggs, Herbie Hancock, Gary Right, The Neville Brothers, Johnny Winter, Beaver & Krause, The Beau Brummels, Tony Williams, and others.
Montrose leaves behind his wife, Leighsa, one daughter, and five grandchildren.
Written by Hot Mess on March 5th, 2012 | Tagged as: Death
Tell Us What You Think: Related Articles:
- Don Imus Cancer: Imus Has Prostate Cancer
- “Dancing With The Stars” Len Goodman Prostate Cancer
- Andrew Lloyd Webber Cancer; Legendary Composer Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer
- Ronnie James Dio Dead
- Andrew Lloyd Webber Cleared Of Cancer
- 15 of the Best Onstage Celebrity Meltdowns
- 15 People Who Secretly Led Double Lives
- 30 Extremely Awkward Autocorrects
- Miley Cyrus
- Britney Spears
- Lindsay Lohan
- Vanessa Hudgens
Latest Photo Galleries
- TV Crunch
- Movie Crunch
- HipHop Crunch
- Style Crunch
- Sports Crunch
- 25 Hottest Katy Perry Photos
PopCrunch showcases the latest, most up-to-date celeb news and hollywood gossip around. We make celebrity news hot.
Source: Pop Crunch